Import Export Code or IEC is a 10 digit code that is required to start their import-export business in the country.
Advantages of IEC for businesses
To unlock the international market for your product or services import 7 export is a great option.
1. Global Market Reach
2. Online registration
3. Simple Document Requirement
4. PAN Based Registration
5. Life Time Validity
6. Benefits of Schemes
7. No Compliance
8. No Annual Maintenance
9. Legally Clean
10. Reduce the risk of illegal Transportation
D I R E C T O R A T E G E N E R A L F O R E I G N T R A D E ( D G F T )
I M P O R T E R E X P O R T E R C O D E ( I E C ) L I N K I N G
1. DGFT Portal Login Credentials (After Portal Registration)
2. DSC Type 2 or Type 3 IEC Based / Aadhaar for Proprietor or Director/Partner of the Firm.
STEPS TO LINK:
1. Visit the DGFT website and login to the portal with valid credentials.
2. Proceed with the Link IEC process by clicking on the “Link IEC” button on the dashboard or from Menu “My Dashboard -> Importer Exporter Code (IEC) -> Link your profile to IEC”.
3. Enter your IEC number which you want to link to your profile in Importer Exporter Code field and then click on Link IEC.
4. On click of Link IEC button, the IEC number is validated and the Digital signature window is opened in a Pop-Up.
5. Select an Option and Proceed with Signing.
Once the IEC is linked Importer/Exporter to the IEC. The user shall be able to
a) See the IEC Details.
b) Modify the IEC Details/Profile.
c) View and Print IEC Certificate.